Work with us
Senior Communications Adviser
- Full Time Fixed Term (9 months) Grade 5 $99,332 – 108,723
- CBD Location
- Have a positive and lasting impact on the environment
A rare opportunity exists for a Senior Communications Adviser to deliver an outstanding community engagement campaign to multiple stakeholders engaged in waste reduction and resource recovery, including local government.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be stakeholder savvy, with experience in managing competing projects and deadlines. You will be able to get across issues quickly and confidently provide advice on managing risks and opportunities. You will have superior written and verbal communications skills and the ability to influence and engage an audience.
What you will be doing:
- Delivering the Back to Earth community engagement campaign
- Producing high quality communications material
- Responding to media enquiries, working closely with Portfolio and Ministerial colleagues to manage media relations
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a Communications related discipline
- Experience with government communication and media approval processes
- Demonstrated experience in strategic communications, media relations, issues management, digital communications and campaign development
What we offer
We care a lot about our employees and acknowledge the contribution each one of them makes to our success. Our organisation provides:
- a positive, team focused working environment
- comfortable spacious office facilities
- flexible family friendly policies
- opportunities for you to have a positive and lasting impact on the environment.
To apply, email your CV, cover letter and statement addressing the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, call Slavka Scott, Strategic Communications and Engagement Manager (03) 8698 9800 for a confidential discussion. Applications close (17 February 2019) (11:59pm AEST). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.
Last updated: 15/02/2019