Councils Litter Environment Action Network
The Councils Litter Environment Action Network (CLEAN) is a network for professionals working on litter prevention initiatives to:
- increase the effectiveness of local government to act on the three key areas of litter enforcement, education and infrastructure
- provide a forum to report and discuss litter project implementation and issues
- be a support and advisory network for promoting best practice in litter prevention and management among council officers
- leverage and combine resources and expertise of members
- seek to influence and build awareness, capacity and knowledge of network members to deliver state government litter priority actions at a local level.
CLEAN meetings are run quarterly and are regularly attended by representatives of local and state government and other external stakeholders, such as education and enforcement officers, catchment management officers and waste management officers. The network supports the activities of litter portfolio partners including the Victorian Litter Action Alliance, Sustainability Victoria, Environment Protection Authority, Parks Victoria, Melbourne Water and Keep Australia Beautiful.
Each meeting has a specific litter focus issue (e.g. cigarette butts or illegal dumping) and features guest presenters. The meetings also offering opportunities for participants to bring along and share case studies and reports on their current litter activities.
CLEAN events are usually held in conjunction with our two other education networks (Ed Net and C2S) to create combined education network event days.
For more information please email Stan Vermeeren or phone 8698 9800.
Last updated: 11/03/2016