Resource Recovery Centre & Transfer Station Network
Resource recovery centres and transfer stations (RRC/TSs) are an integral part of municipal waste management, playing an important role in materials recovery and improving transport costs. MWRRG has established a network that meets quarterly to assist councils in developing and sharing best practice approaches and improving materials recovery at transfer stations and resource recovery centres.
The functions of the Resource Recovery Centre & Transfer Station Network include:
- sharing information and knowledge on best practice operational approaches
- identifying both opportunities and issues and responding effectively to changes in the waste sector
- developing uniform approaches to best practice resource recovery and identify opportunities for joint projects
- expanding the range of materials that can be effectively and efficiently recovered at transfer stations and resource recovery centres
- encouraging operations (through council) to standardise data collection and management systems at transfer stations and resource recovery centres
- setting agendas and activities for the network, in conjunction with MWRRG staff
- identifying priority areas and helping develop strategies for the future requirements of the network.
For more information on the Resource Recovery Centre & Transfer Station Network, please contact Zandy Powell on 8698 9809.
Last updated: 01/07/2016