Update on MWRRG Board nominations
Nominations from metropolitan councils have now been received for the four vacant director positions on the MWRRG Board. They are as follows:
- Cr. Dot Haynes - Manningham
- Cr. John Sipek - Moonee Valley
- Cr. Dick Gross - Port Philip
- Cr. Mi-Lin Chen Yi Mei - Yarra
- Cr. Tom Melican - Banyule
- Cr. Jim Child - Yarra Ranges
- Cr. Colleen Gates - Hobsons Bay
- Cr. Peter Maynard - Wyndham
- Cr. Nora Lamont - Maroondah
- Cr. Sam Alessi - Whittlesea
- Cr. Collin Ross - Cardinia
The next step is for councils to vote for their preferred nominees from this list using the election pack that will be sent to all council offices shortly. Votes close on 17 February 2017.
The top six nominations will then be submitted to the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change from which she will select four directors (one of which will be appointed the MWRRG Chair) to commence on 1 May 2017.
Last updated: 12/01/2017