MWRRG procures and manages multi-council contracts for waste management facilities and waste and resource recovery services.
The benefits that multi-council contracts deliver include:
- long term service security at affordable cost to councils
- combined quantities are achieved to attract technology solutions
- cost effective specialist consultants and MWRRG’s internal depth of expertise is applied to large scale shared cost projects
- centralised contract management
- single administration to facilitate service provision is provided by MWRRG
- LG Act Procurement Exemptions are achieved.
MWRRG has the following legislative requirements under the EP Act:
- to facilitate the development of contracts for the joint procurement of waste management facilities and waste and resource recovery services within its waste and resource recovery region
- to manage contracts in the performance of its objectives and functions
- to undertake waste and resource recovery projects as funded by government, councils and other organisations.
The procurement process
Last updated: 11/03/2016