Procurement and contract management
MWRRG procures and manages collaborative contracts to deliver waste and recycling services on behalf of councils across Melbourne.
MWRRG manages 14 contractors for waste, organics and recycling services, valued over $130 million annually, on behalf of 31 participating councils.
View MWRRG's current procurement opportunities on eProcure.
Register as a supplier on eProcure to be notified of tenders, public request for quotations and other procurement processes.
About our collaborative procurement
Our collaborative procurement approach:
- offers large volumes of waste and recycling to the market, delivering economies of scale for councils and greater certainty for industry
- helps drive investment and transparency, opens the market to more players and reduces our reliance on international markets
- reduces the number of individual procurements in the market, making it easier for councils to procure waste and recycling service and for industry to tender
- drives costs down for councils to provide waste and recycling services, creating savings which can be passed on to the community.
Our collaborative contract management is:
- centralised with a single point of administration, making it easier for councils and industry to deliver services
- consistently of a high standard and well regarded—councils score us 8.6 out of 10 for our management.
The procurement process
We manage all aspects of the procurement process from pre-tender requirements with councils through to contract management with the contractor on behalf of councils for the duration of the contract. Our collaborative procurements are based on the Victorian Government’s guiding principles of:
- value for money
- open and fair competition
- risk management
- probity and transparency.
Collaborative procurement contract structure
Last updated: 01/10/2020